UAE Offers different types of Visa. Suppose you are a GCC citizen and looking for a method to apply for UAE Visa. For NON-GCC Residents, please follow this link. For GCC Residents, here is the complete process of that:
Step 1 – Get an Entry Permit
In other emirates, an entry permit or e-visa is a TASHIRA in local language. To apply for Tasheera, you can either go to a typing center or apply for UAE Visa online. You will need the following documents.
- If you want to support your spouse, your marriage certificate should be certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of your home country and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the United Arab Emirates.
- Suppose you are sponsoring your children, the original birth certificate of the children certified by the relevant authorities—a copy of the valid passport of family members. The passport must be valid for at least six months.
- Passport Size Photo Note: For visa and UAE ID applications, the photo needs to be taken on a white background, including the ears, from the forehead to the chin.
- A copy of your registered tenancy agreement
If you wish to apply for UAE Visa online, visit https://echannels.moi.gov.ae and click on the ‘Individual Services’ option. Once you have entered your email address, you will receive an email with a link to the registration. Next, follow the steps required to apply for a Tasheera or entry permit. However, After applying, you will receive an email within two business days.
General TASHEERA – AED 500 entry permit (when the family is outside the UAE)
If your family is in the country, TASHEERA is sponsoring you for each member. However, they will need to leave the country and enter Tasheera. Or, you can pay an additional AED 670 per person for a ‘change of status without the need to leave the country.
Note: Although you have the option to apply online, this process can be considered in great detail, and if you prefer to pay a little extra to use through a professional typing center, You can do this for a DH50 fee.
Step 2 – Apply for UAE ID
To apply for a UAE ID, you will need to revisit the Typing Center to complete the application.
Once the application is completed, see a federal authority for identification and citizenship with the following documents.
- Original passport of each family member
- Original image
- Sponsor’s visa copy and UAE identity
- Old UAE IDs issued to members (for former UAE residents)
- Past UAE residents only need to provide UAE identity and do not need to provide biometric data.
- New applicants will be scanned for biometric data, such as fingerprint and iris scans.
- Biometric scans are not required for children under 18.
Charges are as below:
- AED 270 – For two years
- AED D370 for three years
Step 3 – Medical Test
If you are applying for a visa in Abu Dhabi, see the Health Authority of Abu Dhabi Medical Fitness Center. However, a list of all HAAD screening centers can be found here: https://www.haad.ae.
AED250 per person
For all other emirates, visit one of the Centers for Health, Ministry of Health and Prevention.
A list of all medical fitness centers can be found here: https://www.mohap.gov.ae/.
AED 1010 per person
Step 4 – Health Insurance
Health insurance is mandatory in Abu Dhabi. However, For other emirates, you can go to stage 5. However, it is advisable to get health coverage, even if it is a basic health insurance plan, as medical expenses can rise sharply during an emergency.
Also, for medical insurance in Abu Dhabi, see the Health Authority of Abu Dhabi Health Center or contact the National Health Insurance Company of Abu Dhabi – Daman. Also, check their Website for more info
Abu Dhabi Insurance:
However, For insurance in Abu Dhabi, you can call Daman at 43 80022626262
In addition to the insurance premium, you must pay:
- AED 250 per person
- AED 500 for same-day processing
Step 5 – Seal the Visa
You will then need to re-enter the typing center with the following documents.
- Your (sponsor’s) passport copy and visa copy
- Original passports of family members
- Stamped Emirates ID Application
- Health Insurance Papers (for Abu Dhabi)
- Although health insurance and the UAE’s identity system have recently been linked to immigration services, it is best to carry these copies with you if requested by the Immigration Department.
The typist will then complete the visa stamping application.
- AED 400 per person for stamping visas.
- AED 500 to collect stamps on the same day (Sponsor will need to go to the immigration office to stamp visa on passport)
Once the visa seal application is submitted, you will need to pay an additional DH35 for the impost delivery service.
Finally, passport with stamped visa will be delivered to you by courier service.